The Explore Your Archive campaign will be taking place 10th – 16th November 2014 in archives across the UK. In Wales archives are celebrating by holding a series of events, activities and workshops to highlight the great services that archives offer.
Did you know that you can support the festival online by spreading the word about how fantastic archives are on Facebook and Twitter? During the week we will be using a series of hash tags to encourage conversations about archives and about the stories that people who use them have discovered.
Throughout the campaign we will be using #explorearchives. However, you can get involved in specific archive conversations each day during the campaign using the following hashtags:
- Monday 10th November – #DayintheLife – an insider’s perspective of a typical day in an archive. Today is the day for archive staff to divulge all the information about their day to day work in an archive. Photographs and stories would be fantastic!
- Tuesday 11th November – #WW1Archives – An opportunity to remember and commemorate WW1 ancestors and to explore stories and records held within archive collections
- Wednesday 12th November – #askarchivists – A unique opportunity for the public to connect directly with the experts and get their questions answered!
- Thursday 13th November – #archiveselfies – Create and share your archive self-portraits and historic selfies found in the archives
- Friday 14th November – #archiveanimals – Animal stories, pictures and pets!
- Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th November – I love to #explorearchives because…. – fill in the gap and let us know why you love to explore your local archive!
You can also sign up to the National Thunderclap which is a mass tweet which will be sent out on the 10th November to mark the start of the campaign. Sign up HERE
Find us on Twitter and Facebook:
– @archiveswales / @archifaucymru
– Facebook.com/archiveswales / Facebook.com/archifaucymru
You can also follow the National campaign on twitter via: @explorearchives
To find out more information about the Explore Your Archive campaign visit: http://www.archiveswales.org.uk